Chole Chat Samosa
1. Use 4 medium sizes of homemade samosas, store-bought samosas that can be found in some local Indian restaurants, or frozen samosas. Deep fry them and set aside.
2. Tiffin Pindi / Punjabi Chole. Cut pouch and empty content of the chole to a bowl or a plate with edges that will hold in all the liquid. Spread it out into the first layer then microwave for 2 minutes.
3. Yogurt. Whisk the yogurt until it’s smooth. Add the yogurt on the center of the chole and drizzle it outwardly with a spoon.
4. Samosa. Smash the samosas or rip them into bite-sized pieces and place them in the
middle of the yogurt.
5. Chutneys. Drizzle the cilantro-mint chutney and the sweet tamarind chutney over the samosa and chole.
6. Spices. Sprinkle the chaat masala, cumin powder, and chili powder all over the dish.
7. Toppings. Sprinkle the pomegranates, sev, and cilantro all over the chaat as well to add crunch throughout the dish.
The Samosa Chaat is a mixture of hot and cool ingredients. The samosa and Chole should be warm, whereas the dahi, chutneys, and toppings will be cool. It is best served immediately, while the Chole when still warm and the samosa is crispy.